TERMS OF SERVICE
1. Bike Care Plus is a mobile independent local service established in Dorset, Uk . We can be contacted on Mobile 07826846143 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Acceptance of your order will be in a form of an email or a call from us to confirm it, at this point a you will be entered into a contract with Bike Care Plus until the chosen service has been completed.
3. If we are unable to accept your order for any reason, we will inform you of this by email and not charge will be taken for the services. This could be due to unforeseen & uncontrollable circumstances caused by climate, traffic or sickness which we could not reasonably plan for, or because we are unable to meet a deadline you have specified.
4. We will provide the services to you at the time and place agreed with you during the order process. However, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that there is a suitable and safe place to work on the bike. If no suitable premises are available, Bike Care Plus reserves the right to make an additional charge for the carriage of the cycle to a suitable place of work.
Where the service is required to be carried out indoors, the mechanics will take reasonable precautions to protect any floor coverings, decorations, and furnishings from damage.
The workplace provided must be free from children and animals to avoid any accidents or injuries.
The mechanic is not obliged to offer any service in a place where there is a Health and Safety risk.
5. If you need to make a change to your ordered please contact us at least 24 hours before your service. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will inform you of any alternative times or service requested and ask you to confirm if you wish to proceed.
6. If we are unable to supply the services as it may be delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will keep you informed, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any services you have paid for but not received.
Our aim is to complete your service and/or repair to a high standard as soon as possible. Some things are out of our control, parts required may be out of stock, deliveries may arrive late, or even lost, there may be further investigation required to the Health Check. We will do our utmost to keep you informed and updated with a time scale.
7. We will need make and model of your bicycle, any accessories or special features relating to it, etc. You will have to give us this information before we begin providing you with the services. If we discover anything about your bicycle during the course of providing our services which would make it unusually difficult, or impossible, for us to perform our services, we will contact you and seek to agree an appropriate course of action, And additional charge should it result in extra time and parts.
You also need to certify that you are the owner of any bicycle(s) that you have authorised Bike Care Plus to clean or repair. Any other bike or bikes that you have arranged from friends or work colleague to be serviced at the same time, means you will be responsible for arranging payment, authorising any extra work, organising the bikes to be ready for service and the working area is safe. See under: Working Conditions in more details below.
8. If you do not allow us access to your bicycle to perform the services as arranged (and you do not have a good reason for this) we may charge you additional costs incurred by us as a result. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange access to your bicycle we may end the contract.
9. If you have agree a location (work or public bike rack) at which you are unable to collect we may leave your bicycle at the nearest publicly-available bicycle rack, secured with the lock if one has been provided to us. If we do this, we will notify you of the location of your bicycle and the time as left it there. And this will not be our responsibility thereafter.
10.The price of the services (which includes VAT if applicable) will be the price indicated in our most recent price list or special offer. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the services advised to you is correct. However, if we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract and refund you any sums you have paid.
11. When doing a Health Check a detailed report on the customer bicycle will be completed by a Technician using a checklist. Any items identified will be clearly explained to the customer and they may be sent photo to support the report. You will be advised whether the work is urgent and asked for approval should any work to be carried out on the day. Alternatively, you will be advised of any items to be aware of for the future or that requires replacing after a certain time.
12. We accept payment in cash, bank transfer or by most major debit and credit cards. You must pay for the services once the service has been completed.
13. You a right to end your contract with us. Your rights are as described below
a. If a service has not been performed properly, you may have a legal right to end the contract or to have the service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back.
b. If you want to end the contract because you were not correctly informed about service you require.
c. If we have told you about an error in the price or description of the services, you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed.
d. If there is a risk that supply of the services may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control.
e. You may be unsatisfied in the way we performed our service, or it was not up to standard.
14. You have a legal right under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. You have 14 days after the day we email you to confirm we accept your order in which to change your mind. However, once we have completed the services you cannot change your mind, even if the cancellation period is still running. If you cancel after we have started the services, you must pay us for the services provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind.
15. To end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind), please let us know by calling us on 07826846143 or emailing us at email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
16. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind. Refunds will be made by the method you used for payment.
17. We are under a legal duty to supply services that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the services. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
If you purchase services, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
a. You can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it's not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can't fix it.
b. If you haven't agreed a price upfront, what you're asked to pay must be reasonable.
c. If you haven't agreed a time upfront, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
18. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill up to a maximum amount of £300, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
19. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors.
20. We will make good any damage to your property caused by us while providing the services. However, we are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your property. We may notify you if we become aware of any such pre-existing faults or damage, but we are not obliged to do so nor are we responsible for any actions you may take (or not take) as a result.
21. We only supply the services for domestic and private use. If you use the services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. Unless prior arrangement has been made for an event where additional cover can be obtained if notice has been given.
22. We will only use your personal information as set out in our Privacy Notice, which you can see here.
23. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
24. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them is unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
25. If we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not contact you, and we still continue to provide the services, we will require you to make the payment at a later date.
26. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in the English courts.